Monday, January 18, 2010

A tribute to offal free books

 While reading "My Year of Cooking Dangerously" by Julie Powell on the bus I was not sure if I gave myself bus sickness or if what she wrote made me queazy. 
"These kidneys...were large and messy and many-lobed, striated with white fat filaments"
Need I elaborate? If I do I think I'll be leaving you feeling bus sick too. Although the positive thing is, that she admits that they don't taste like piss when she eats them which is what her mother thinks kidneys taste like. I am thanking Jamie and the heavens that there is no offal in 'Jamie's Ministry of Food'!!


Recipe #9 & #10- On Saturday morning I put two recipes together and made the perfect omelette. Bacon, tomato and cheese. Need I say more?? Mmmm I could do an omelette for dinner tonight thinking about it... don't think mum would approve of omelette for dinner though.


Recipe #11-Saturday night was our Terminator marathon. So the only thing better then a Terminator marathon is a Terminator marathon with cheesecake. I made Jamie's 'Vanilla Cheesecake with a Raspberry topping' for dessert. I thought of my growing bum and used light philly instead of full fat. I also didn't read the recipe right so I used pure cream instead of double cream. It was a non-bake cheese cake so I don't think it made much difference as all it had to do was set in the fridge after everything was mixed together. I've never made a non-bake cheese cake before, I've only ever done the New York Cheesecake from Nigella Lawson's 'How to be a domestic goddess' and you know what?? You will definitely feel like your a domestic goddess if you try that recipe, it is AMAZING! Jamie's cheesecake was also amazing but didn't quite earn the caps yet... maybe more lemon next time and it will be on par.



No comments:

Post a Comment