Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Soggy salad

Recipe #5 & 6- Steak, carrots and salad. Strange combination I have to admit. It started with thoughts like 'I can't be bothered to cook' but also 'I'm not going to get this done unless I keep cooking' so I was tied. Mum didn't feel like curry, or rice, or noodles, or pasta so the option I was left with was potatoes. And the only problem with potatoes was that we didn't have the right ones for the 'best new potatoes' and the 'baked French potatoes' took too long to cook as I had to be at basketball in an hour.

Carrots it was. Baked in a foil bag with garlic, bacon, butter, honey (was meant to use marmalade but...yuk) and rosemary. Assumption stabbed me in the back again. I didn’t read the recipe and thought carrots are quick cooking vegetable. No no no. Bake for 50 min... so that left me 10 min the eat, digest and drive to basketball. Fail!

The 'Everyday chopped green salad' was chopped, dressed and ready to go. The carrots were in the oven and I was out the door.

Home from basketball and ravenous. Mum warned me that the 'Everyday chopped green salad' was a soggy mush. The only thing that kept its crunch in the salad was the celery. It tasted nice enough …as good as soggy salad tastes. The carrots however were delicious! I award my self 5 stars for the carrots and -5 for the salad. Just thinking of it makes me feels ill.

Ew I have to stop there on that note.

No comments:

Post a Comment