Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snot, Slime and Friends

Recipe #11- Chicken Chow Mein last night. Wondering what the snot, slime and friends means? let me explain. I chopped the garlic, spring onions, ginger and chilli as Jamie asks. The chicken was defrosting and the noodles were sitting their packet ready to go. Next step was to pick the leaves of the coriander and chop the stalks. Out came the fresh coriander from the fridge... 'Mmmuuummmm!!!' Lets just say it did not like sitting in the fridge over the past couple days. It was half snot and half coriander.


While mum sorted the snotty coriander I got the mushrooms out of the fridge to start chopping. When I pulled one out of its box I not only had a mushroom in my hand but also a little creepy crawly friend too. 'Mmmuuuuuummmm!!' So mum sorted the slimy mushrooms and my little friend went straight into the compost. After the Snot, slime and friends catastrophe everything was ready to go for some wok action. Except the fact that the only bit of sauce used in Jamie's Chicken Chow Mein is soy sauce it was the only sauce we didn't have at home. So off Dad went -as he so often does when I am half way through a recipe and realise I don't have everything to make it- to the shops to get some soy sauce. He came back after failing at the local Shell to then be successful at the Asian grocers across the road.


Dinner was served and eaten within 15 min of getting the soy sauce in the door.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment