Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am a food processor...gone slightly mad

Last night it was dessert that Jamie came into my kitchen for. 


Recipe #42- MEGA Chocolate fudge Cake.


This recipe calls for a food processor. Something that my mother only has a tiny one of called Oscar. It holds one cup, thats it. Nothing more but yes it can hold less if you tried.


This was how I worked my way around having a normal sized food processor and you know what? It worked wonderful :) To sum up the recipe method; Jamie says bung all ingredients in food processor and wizz. HA good one Jamie. This recipe is meant to test me I know it! 


So with mum's one cup Oscar I wizzed 200g of dark chocolate then transferred it to a bowl, wizzed 100g blanched almonds and transferred them to the bowl, measured 120g soft brown sugar and added it to my bowl with 1 tbs of cocoa. (I gave the wizzed mixture a stir with a spoon at the point) This next bit is the test. 175g of butter and wizz. Haha you make a funny joke!


I put 175g of softened butter into Oscar with about 6 tbs of the wizzed mixture and wizzed it! Genius! I kept adding a little bit of the dry mixture until Oscar was full and refused any more. I turned the buttery mixture into the rest of the wizzed goodies and stirred with a wooden spoon. 


Next 4 eggs and 150g of Self Raising flour is needed. Oscar went to bed early at this stage and never returned to help with the cake making. I added one egg with a huge spoonful of flour to the mixture and mixed with a wooden spoon until all was mixed through well. I continued doing this with the other 3 eggs and remaining flour.


You need to butter a 25cm x 25cm tin and then coat the inside with cocoa. Pour your wizzed mixture in and crumble 100g of fudge over the top pushing the larger bits in the cake batter. Bake in a 160 degree oven for about 20-30 min. Remember if your making this that all ovens are different. We have a powerful tiny oven at home but I still needed it in there for 30min even though Jamie says 20min.


I am a magician! Or should I say I am a food processor?? Oh dear I think this cake has gone to my head.


Delish with ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment