Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

So I know this is not part of my 'mission' but I couldn't resist making Hot Cross Buns since its easter and because I have got a little Nigella mad lately and went with her recipe. I did however leave out the orange, clove and cardamon pods for Mum's sake. She doesn't like hot cross buns too spicy.


I also have to admit that I used the wrong flour and only read the recipe note saying if you don't have the right flour (bread flour) don't bother making them until after they were in the oven. Ah well. I thought they were nice.


Sultanas to me are disgusting, one thing I cannot bring myself to eat or even make myself like. So instead of these disgusting nuggets I used currants which I do like. The buns didn't rise much but I think that was my impatient-ness and the fact I used home-brand plain flour... So instead of looking like shop bought Hot Cross Buns they were more like Hot Cross scones. Still delicious! I will make them again for sure... with good bread flour and maybe also more time to rise.. eg over night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment