Monday, April 19, 2010

Brushetta, Julie & Julia... does it get any better?

Over the weekend I attempted to make Granola (Recipe #45) for the 3rd time. First time I added currants which made it a little too sweet, the 2nd time I didn't add fruit and it was delicious over greek yoghurt so I thought I would make again since I had eaten the 2nd batch and was craving more. Yes well it sounded a great idea until the over powerful oven decided to burn the buggerey out of it. So I'd say that this third time lucky did  not work. The kitchen smelt like burnt-ness to I thought I would leave it for another weekend and make brushetta and watch Julie and Julia. (Fantastic afternoon may I say!)

For dinner I cooked the Perfect Roast Beef (Recipe #46). I placed the veggies in the bottom of the pan, placed the beef on top and cooked it for 1 hour while I went to basketball. Worked out perfectly.

We had roast veggies, yorkshire pudding and gravy. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment