Monday, February 1, 2010

Weird and Wonderful

I made just as much mess making Jamie's Chicken Fajitas as eating them. 


Recipe #17- Tonights dinner had to be a quick one as netball season is back on. The worst feeling is being full and then having to run around for two twenty minute halves. Ew.


So I flicked through JMOF and went for one of his 'Twenty-minute Meals'. He quotes 19min for Chicken Fajitas. Don't even ask how I started it cooking 5:30pm and we were eating at 6:30pm. Thank goodness I underestimated myself and allowed enough time. If I had taken Jamie's 19min advice I would still be trying to eat fajitas.


I chopped the chicken, capsicum and onions and put them in a bowl with smoked paprika, cumin, lime juice and olive oil. Next was to start the salsa. I needed 15 cherry tomatoes, a bunch of fresh coriander and one fresh chilli. We had the fresh chilli... normal tomatoes and dried coriander leaves. That will have to do. 


Now Jamie says serve it with a tub of bought guacamole but I thought no. We have fresh avocados at home and i've made guacamole before it will be easy peasy. Yes well its easy peasy when you have more then half an avocado to use. The other one was so hard I could have knocked someone out with it. I attempted to cut through it with a sharp knife to nearly only cut my hand off and not even make the avocado budge. And yes i was using an avocado not some other mysterious fruit.


So in with the half of an avo went some onions, yoghurt, vinegar (weird but wonderful!) and tomato. I made half an avo go round enough! 


The chicken and capsicum mixture then had to be put on a griddle pan and cooked. The smell of the smoked paprika is still hanging around the house. Feeling slightly ill right about now.


I chopped lettuce and cucumber to go with everything even though Jamie doesn't say so. It was served on the balcony with mozzies having just a big of a feast as we were. With no cheese. Yes no cheese Erin!! For some reason it slipped my mind and eyes when reading the recipe.


Maybe I do need to go back to the judgmental optometrist and get new glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment