Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cookies make everything better

Recipe 24: Over the weekend I made Jamie’s chocolate chip cookies with Mari. We were suppose to be at KK’s house to watch the netball at 4pm but the cookies took a lot longer then we thought. We had to freeze the cookie dough before you could mould them. When I read this I thought:  Pft nope it’ll be fine we don’t need to freeze the dough.


    Oh yes we needed to! We found this out once it was made. It was gooey and sticky. It looked a delicious caramel colour and smooth texture. If you like cookie dough raw then this recipe looks like a good one, but I’m not a raw cookie dough eater. I prefer my cookies fresh out of the oven.
    We shaped it into a sausage shape, wrapped in glad wrap and froze it. We got impatient as we were already late to KK’s and got the dough out before the 30min was up. The edges were frozen but the centre was still a sticky mushy mess. We managed to cut 12 cookies out of the sausage shapped cookie dough even though we were meant to get out 15.
    Jamie says they're done when the edges start to brown.      What about the middle?? Is it meant to stay not brown?     We took the cookies out, only a couple looked overdone but they were delicious! A little crumbly round the edges but very yummy. Dad had hoped I would forget to take them with me when we finally got out my front door.


We missed the Sydney Swifts netball game but I think the cookies made up for it

No comments:

Post a Comment