Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Everything crossed!

I have to apologise to my huge fan base that Mr Oliver will be MIA for the next 21 days... well I hope I can last that long. I have recently put on a few unwanted kilo's and since its summer here in Sunny Sydney (Ok well it’s been rainy and stormy the past few days but I am still motivated to look good in swimmers) I am doing the AWW 21 Day Wonder Diet. 


I was going to give the Dukan Diet ago but the book was $29.95 in Borders and to be honest the novel kind of scared me with all its stages. I love reading don’t get me wrong but reading about foods you can't eat gets me down in the dumps. All I do is think about the foods I want to eat which are big no no's and 2 hours into that sort of diet I lapse & gorge myself on melted cheese, breads thick with salty butter and bowls and bowls of pasta. So when I walked over to the AWW book it caught my eye straight away. I loved the look of the pictures and food, loved the look of how the diet was planned out and LOVED that they based the diet on foods you can eat and don’t go heavy on foods you can't. 


They give you lots of options and snack of foods which ARE allowed. This looks like my kind of diet book. The give you a different breakfast, lunch and dinner for the 21 days...love the recipes. Plus it was only $12.95 so I saved money too and probably my boyfriend’s sanity in the process. 


I tried the French Women don’t get Fat book, read half way through and the croissant and chocolate soufflĂ© caught my eyes but I know my self all too well and it is all portion size and that is my weakness. 2nd's! Oh how I love 2nds of everything. Plus one of the soups in the book I made and it left me so hungry I gave in and ate like a pig for dinner. This undid all the good work I had done. Plus it made me pee constantly and feel weak.


So here I am, Day 1 of my 21 day Wonder Diet. 6 hours in and going strong. I fell motivated, excited and already have the next few meals planned out. I did have my own breakfast today as I have yet to go to the shops. Plus this Diet kind of fits my blog... it is a book on my bookshelf and that’s what I do; Bookshelf Cook.


You can go through the book from day 1 to day 21 but I picked a day in the middle somewhere and am doing that today. Its a little hard when I’ve began mid week and we have some things in the cupboard and not other things. So I will try and go through them in order but they say you don’t have to as long as you stick to their lunch and dinner on the same day and your fine to have their cereal mix everyday if you are lazy like me and can't get out of bed every morning to make a full breakfast of corn fritters etc. I might save those days for the weekend.


Sesame Stir-Fry for dinner. Looking forward to it :)


I also have to make my sandwich filling tonight for tomorrow and mix up my cereal mix. There are dried cranberries in it which I am not sure about but am going to give it a go as I know they are very good for you.


Fingers, arms, toes and legs are crossed that I stick to this for 21 the days.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Did you end up finishing the diet? How did you go?

    ReplyDelete