Sunday, November 7, 2010

A day with my ladies.

I'm a bit late in posting this but couldn't help myself and had to. Last Tuesday was Melbourne Cup; The race that stops the nation. I took the day off from work as naturally my options weighed each other out. A glass of warm white wine watching the race for 15min on a tiny TV in a under-airconditioned or a day out with my girls eating and drinking and watching the race. Hmmm I took the later option for very good reasons I think we can all agree on.

My ladies and I went to one of the local pubs who were putting on an event where you got a three course meal, dressed to impress, placed a bet and watched the races. I wore a huge white flower in my hair and bet on the horse that had the highest amount to win per $ in place. Some pay think its silly but to be honest I had about 10 people telling me who to choose so I decided to go with how old I was and I guess I lost. Maybe I should have a next birthday, maybe number 22 will be lucky next year.

Our meals for the day were a seafood plate for entree which consisted of smoked salmon, Balmain bug, prawns with aioli and bloody mary oysters. For main it was a choice between chicken wrapped in bacon with a mushroom and cream sauce with mash potatoes or beef fillet with beef cheek ravioli, truffle oil mash and broccoli. I tried both but had the chicken, yum. For dessert there was chocolate mouse in between slices of chocolate mud cake in a box of tempered chocolate or lemon tart with vanilla ice cream. The chocolate was very very rich, maybe a little too rich after a entrée, main and lots of sparkling wine. I loved the tart though, still am craving the delicious taste of it. Mmmm maybe I'll make one this arvo.

The night ended with plenty of water and panadol. Overall the day was delicious and I had a lovely day with my ladies. Already thinking of where to go next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment