Thursday, August 26, 2010

RSPCA Cupcake Day

Last week on the 17th of the August I hosted cupcake day at work to support the RSPCA. We raised $154.15 which will help our furry friends find homes and have a better life. This was the 2nd year in which I have hosted cupcake day and love the idea that we have made a difference, even if only small. Even my fat cat Molly enjoyed the cupcakes this year which my dad shared with her.


I cooked the usual Red Velvet Cupcakes and also Mini Cheese Cakes which turned out like individual slices. The Mini Cheese Cakes/Slice were a test which I made only a few of but they were loved by all (including Molly). I got a recipe request which I have been terribly lazy and not passed on yet. So here I am sharing my recipe which is slightly adapted from the famous Nigella Laswon's recipe (love her cheese cakes!! they never fail me on flavour and texture... yum) with a little touch of Dani and also pictures finally of my Red Velvet cupcakes which have always been demolished before I can find my camera.


Mini Cheese Cakes/Slice

100g unsalted butter
250g digestive biscuits
400g cream cheese
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
4 tbs sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla paste)
4 tsp lemon juice


1- Line 18 muffin tins with muffin cases.
2- Melt butter (in pan or microwave), smash digestives with with a mallet or food processor (heads up- mallet is VERY satisfying). Combine the butter and crumbled digestives together; it will look like wet sand then evenly distribute amongst the muffin cases. 
3- Refrigerate while you get on with the cheese filling.
4- Beat cream cheese until smooth and then add the caster sugar gradually.
5- Add the eggs, beating well then add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until everything is combine and smooth.
6- Fill each muffin case with the filling and bake at a moderate oven for about 40min or until set (remember ovens vary, you might need to bake them longer or for less time). Let cool for 5 min in the tins before removing them.
7- Cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
8- Devour with greedy pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment