Monday, May 3, 2010

Not a Stew but a Stroganoff

Recipes #48 and #49.


Tonight I am cooking Beef and Ale Basic Stew. Mum hates the word stew... so we'll call it Beef and Ale Basic Stroganoff with lovely dumplings. It was easy to cook, I chose to cook it in the oven rather then the stove so I could sit and relax. 


I chopped 2 carrots, 2 onions and 2 celery sticks. Threw them in a oven proof dish with some olive oil and butter (butter was my touch... I've been reading too much julia Child lately and couldn't stop myself.) through in a couple of bay leaves and cook it for 10 min or until soft. I added pre-chopped beef, a can of Guinness, pepper, salt and a can of chopped tomatoes. Brought it to the boil and bunged it in the oven for 3 hours. (It's in there atm). 


For the dumplings a rubbed butter and self-raising flour together to get breadcrumbs and then added some chilled water to make a dough. Divided it in to 12 and rolled them in to dumplings. 


I added them to the stew.. sorry stroganoff for the last 30min and there is 5 min left on the cooking. I am hoping this fix's my headache :)


Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment